In addition to an anniversary prompt fest for Monsters’ main ships, hit me up on MBTI-related thoughts regarding characterization and how I am attempting (lol…) to use MBTI cognitive function ideas to model unhelpful behavior that ends up putting characters into conflicts with themselves. [EVIL GRIN]
Really, anything from “how the hell does this even work?” to something far more specific, even how did I make these type decisions.
I have been thinking about writing on this topic but ever time I try, I just end up with a random word pile in my scrivener so… ask away.
FWIW, while one can make different argument for each of the characters, within Monsters I am most definitely treating the following characters as the following types:
- Vincent (Turk!Vincent & undead!Vincent) - INTJ, as an increasingly unhealthy one until he bottoms out into severe dysfunctional INTJ-lost-in-shadow-function-land by the time Cloud meets him. By the end of Monsters, he finally becomes far more functional/healthy/realistic.
- Yuffie - ENFP, who hits a bottomed out super dysfunctional space at a very young age, shortly before she joins Cloud’s crew in FFVII:OG. By the end of Monsters she is definitely starting to grow up (age 21).
- Lucrecia - ENTP, whom I write as a typical(???) ENTP until she becomes emotionally stressed, destabilized, and circles around the drain in a way that is depressingly dysfunctional ENTP, I think… D:
- Hojo - ISTJ, who starts off as an ISTJ style scientist with some unpleasant quirks that, when put under pressure, goes to shit. And all of that is before he becomes a Crazy Scientist™ with full on avoidant personality issues.
- Other characters open to interpretation…