- vieralynn on fanfiction.net - most of my older fiction, some of my new fiction
- many Final Fantasy drabbles on LJ's ff-fortnightly comm
- some Final Fantasy drabbles on DW's ff-fortnightly comm
- sketchbook of DA2 stories in Mari Hawke's universe: a history of lies
- vieralynn on AO3 (locked to AO3 users only)
- trant_book_n_curio - future fic & meta archive on DW <-- moving everything here throughout 2015.
Title: In the End She Got What She Wanted the Most
Characters: Lucrecia/Vincent, Lucrecia/Hojo, Chaos, Grimoire
Series: FFVII Original Game, Dirge of Cerberus
Tags: Dysfunctional Relationships, Lack of Communication, Extramarital Affairs, Pregnancy, Science, Power Dynamics, Sex
Summary: Fifty one-sentence snapshots of Lucrecia's thoughts about Vincent from the moment the meet until she says goodbye.
So, another episode of writing about writing --- Writing Unapologetic Female Characters. (Mostly about Lucrecia, but Yuffie is in this too)
( Well -- this dumps a lot of headcanon and analysis and a few plot points for Monsters but, really, it is about writing unapologetic female characters )
Title: They Bring Out the Best and the Worst They Can Be
Series: FFVII Original Game, On the Way to a Smile, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus
Summary: 50 one-sentence snapshots of Yuffie and Vincent over the years, in-canon and post-canon, as they grow as individuals and as friends, and eventually become a partnered couple.
Series: FFVII - Even the Littlest Monsters: Tidbits, previews, and outtakes
Characters: Vincent, Yuffie, Nanaki
Summary: Odd circumstances and odd friendships go hand in hand.
Author’s Note: The first in a series of Monsters tidbits to be shared while I finish drafting the novel that Monsters wants to be. I used this scene as a voicing experiment-in-progress to play with what goes on in Vincent’s head during his “……” moments. Not certain how the voicing will change assuming an edited version of this ends up in one of the earlier chapters. In the current draft, this scene occurs in Monsters after Yuffie makes a few attempts to simultaneously humiliate and befriend Vincent (because Vincent is strange and Yuffie is bored and strange is fascinating and they are both outsiders-verging-on-outcasts). That is followed by her doing something “uncharacteristically” altruistic: she successfully defuses an ugly, edging into mutinous argument amongst AVALANCHE after the first time Vincent turns into Galian Beast (and Barret isn’t having any of that shit in AVALANCHE, thank you very much). This scene below occurs a day after that mess and the Vincent-angst that ensues. In that context, this scene can be interpreted as Vincent’s way of finally saying thanks, although it can also stand alone as a character study.
( Vincent found Yuffie sprawled inside his tent. )
Title: Waiting for Warmth
Characters/Pairings: Vincent/Lucrecia, Lucrecia/Hojo
[Read story at ffvii_100]
Title: Of Ephemerality and Immortality
Author's Notes: Yuffie, in her early 30s, leaves Reeve's WRO and returns to Wutai. Vincent goes with her to Wutai as her companion.
[Read story at ffvii_100]
As I said in the beginning of March, the Lucrecia story burst from my head fully formed all in one go because IT IS SO OBVIOUS. (because reasons. so many of them.)
But now that I'm back on it ... does anyone have their own reasons for what Lucrecia and Hojo saw in each other? Just curious.
All asks to POV characters are welcomed -- goofy or serious asks, plotty asks, thematic asks, backstory asks, "how do they feel about ____ // what do they think about ____" asks, interpretations of canon asks, etc.
Asks to any other character also welcomed -- just connect it somehow to the ships, summary, themes, etc., in Monsters!
Even though I have been friends-lock journaling like mad about current multi-chapter WIP - Even the Littlest Monsters (Vincent/Lucrecia, Lucrecia/Hojo, Vincent&Yuffie-->Vincent/Yuffie), I am such an everyone/everyone shipper in FFVII because the canon is just glorious for it.
Thematic running list of my Everyone/Everyone in FFVII:
( Read more... )
I cannot promise fast turn around because crazy work-schedule but ...
Prompt me in FFVII land. Doesn't have to be on the list above but if it is, I'm more likely to have something I can drabble about. Note: I have not played more than the first few missions in Crisis Core so leave most of those folks out for now. ;)
Prompt me as:
- Quick drabbles: pairing, prompt
- Headcanon: pairing, typical meme question like these - e.g., who asks weird questions in the middle of the night)
What do I NOT write that I never knew I needed to try?
i write contemporary lit, espionage, SF, fantasy, fanfic romance, horror, comedy, crack, het, slash, multi, angst, fluff, historical, historiographical, straight genre, twisted meta fiction, slice of life, pastiche, mashup, xovers, pr0n....
tell me what you have never seen me write or heard me mention. Help me flip flop with something DIFFERENT. Promise I will borrow or create haracyers I have never written before.
FFXII meta counts too.
Actually, this also includes just asking me to repost or turn read permissions back on for stories that have been packed away for the past 6 years. Re-editing/revising old finished stuff that is unavailable technically counts as writing.
If I remember correctly (please correct any errors!), a few of tiny handful of canon facts about Ostwick and the Trevelyans include:
1. Someone named Trevelyan (or named something similar to Trevelyan) migrated from Tevinter to Ostwick quite a few generations ago. This person is in Dorian's family tree and he assumes they might have founded the Trevelyan line in Ostwick.
2. At the time of the Inquisition, Trevelyan has cousins(? it was cousins, correct?) who live in Nevarra and they are close enough to the center of power that they can influence political alliances.
3. Ostwick's circle was very sedate and easy-going, a mage Trevelyan was able to come and go. That circle attempted to remain neutral after other circles started to rebel. Eventually the templars at the Ostwick circle left their post and that was the end of that, which sounds like no blood shed and a completely peaceful situation, except....
4. The Senior Enchanter Lydia of Ostwick circle, who was a close friend of Vivienne, was murdered by one of her students in the circle.
5. The head of state in Ostwick is called a Teryn.
6. When the Qunari launched an attack on the Free Marches in 7:56 Storm, their first landing point was Ostwick and from there they launched assaults on Starkhaven and Kirkwall. (Kirkwall fell and remained under Qunari rule until liberated by the Orlesians in 7:60).
7. According to Josephine, Trevelyan's nobility doesn't carry as much weight as nobility from elsewhere and Orlesians view Oswtick as "quaint" (a politely chosen word that could mean just about anything in the context). If Trevelyan address that comment with a sharp tongued response, Josephine very sternly and very directly reminds Trevelyan that such talk is NOT appropriate (I think Josephine warns that the response is low class speech but I cannot remember and need to find a video of it).
8. Almost nothing is said about Ostwick in the World of Thedas. I'm starting to think that all of the Inquisitors were purposefully given blank canvas backgrounds so people could fill it in how every they wish?
Early phase headcanon ideas:
A. Ostwick's liberal attitude toward mages and magic stems from the city retaining its ties with Tevinter long after the old Tevinter empire was forced to withdraw from the Marches. Members of Tevinter's Altus (ruling class) have a long history in Ostwick.
B. In 7:56 Storm, the Qunari selected Ostwick as their landing point not only because they felt the city could be taken but because they viewed it as a satellite state controlled by the Tevinter Empire. At that time, Ostwick instead saw itself as a free "neutral" state that had ties with Tevinter and with Orlais, despite having an upper class and merchant class that was heavily populated by Tevinters.
C. After the Qunari invasion was repelled from the Free Marches, Ostwick's leadership decided to remain neutral but feel persuaded, shall we say, to align more closely with Orlais. Glosses of Andrastian belief & culture were painted over Ostwick's pre-Andrastian ways (a mix of Tevine and old Nevarran). The ruling families of Ostwick made a point of becoming Very Financially Supportive of the Chantry. Yet it is all skin-deep. Scratch an Ostwicker and they bleed Tevine.
D. As the Free Marches move into recent eras (the 8th and 9th ages),Tevinter's Altus nobility along with a wealthy ex-pat merchant class continue to have a strong impact on Ostwick society. Ostick's rulership and legal system is directly traceable to Tevinter Altus families. Meanwhile, free from the caste restrictions in Tevinter, a group of non-mage families of Tevinter origin become financially successful (read: seriously wealthy) as the owners and, eventually, the financiers of a variety of mercantile businesses. Scholars and philosophers from Nevarra are employed by the ruling class as Ostwick's response to the Chantry's pressure to lessen Tevinter's influence over the education and scholarship in the city.
E. During the decades leading up the formation of the Inquisition, the Orlesian upperclass and Orlesian Chantry view Ostwick with suspicion because Ostwick is remote, independent, and has a distinctly foreign (Tevinter + Nevarran) feel. Orlesians refer to Ostwick as backwards or stuck in time. Orlesian street urchins and high class players of the Orlesian game are quick to insinuate that Ostwickers resort to blood magic and necromancy.
And.... there is more but I need to leave for the day...
I don't have time tonight to write about writing. I should have gone to sleep an hour ago.
Another discussion elsewhere on DW got me thinking about fanfic as a means for having conversations. Agreed. And I miss it.
But as both a reader and a writer, fanfic is also a place where I can read or publish custom crafted stories that appropriate popular media icons but repackage them for some tiny audience off on very narrow "long tail" who considered a large enough market by the big media companies to be worth their while.
After all, whenever I actually LOVE a piece of mass marketed media, that is the kiss of death of that show/series/game/whatever.
edited 20 minutes later to add: fanfiction.net has 2.5 times more FFXII fanfic than AO3 and people from long ago are still updating on FF.net. Interesting. I wonder if that is one way to avoid the [...] while finding fic and possibly even conversations of interest. or not. unknown. tbh, some of the best (for my definition of best) DA fanfic kept itself over on fanfiction.net. hm. I really should go to sleep.
- from_honnleath_to_skyhold - A Cullen Rutherford fandom community. Fortnightly prompt challenges. Welcomes all Cullen ships, Rutherford family, and Rutherford gen. All fanworks from fic to icons to image sets to mixes to essays, etc.
- sarasa_cat - my personal blog on imzy. likely to be a repository of OCs and character development stuff?
I literally have over 300 invites so if anyone isn't on imzy yet, you can ping me directly here on DW or use the links on either of those two communities to get an invite.